Job Location: Coal-Mac, Phoenix Surface Mine, Hoden WV
Job Purpose: Responsible for the safe coordination of all surface mining maintenance activities on the night shift under the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
Required Education & Experience:
- Comply with all federal, state and company safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient management of the maintenance function by maximizing the effective utilization of the resources provided.
- Supervise maintenance technicians as needed to assemble, maintain and repair equipment.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and coordinates with Maintenance Superintendent all maintenance activities.
- Implements and maintains compliance with all safety policies and procedures by promoting the Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) process.
- Job task training of personnel as required.
- Oversee the troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ensure availability of necessary parts and tools for work unit.
- Maintain necessary records to document significant work activities, employee performance, and safety matters.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Position will report to: Maintenance Superintendent
Qualified candidates interested in this position should
send resume, cover letter and voluntary identification form(s) to Coal Mac, Inc., Human Resources, P.O. Box 1050, Holden, WV 25625 or by email at CoalMacResumes@archcoal.com by 10/13/2017.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in surface mine maintenance.
- WV Forman Certification.
- Electrical background strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Ellipse.
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet