Mine Planning Engineer
Job Location: Beckley Complex, Eccles, WV
Job Purpose: To provide engineering and technical support for the safe, efficient and economical operation of the mine. Provide planning, scheduling and budgeting information.
Be responsible for contractors as required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Preparation and monitoring of short term and long term mine plans.
- Work with mine operations to develop and communicate monthly mine plans and end of month reports.
- Determine plans for budgets, forecast, BOD projections and other cases.
- Preparation of accurate and timely volumetric calculations.
- Surveying and assistance to surveyors, when required.
- Project management as required.
- Assistance in permitting and environmental design work.
- Mine ventilation designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Position will report to: Engineering Manager
Qualified candidates interested in this position should
submit information through https://beckley.aaimtrack.com by 11/13/2017.
- B.S. in Mining Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and computer drafting (AutoCad/Survcadd) computer software.
- 2 years minimum experience in relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks or projects
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet