Production Supervisor – Surface Operations
Job Location: ACI Viper Complex – Elkhart, IL
Job Purpose: Responsible for all work activities of his/her crew related to the surface operations of an underground coal mine. Supervise hourly personnel in the processing and shipment of coal, construction projects, and related activities.
Required Education & Experience:
- Supervise and provide direction to hourly employees in the performance of utility work, construction projects, equipment and facilities maintenance, the receipt of ash, and the processing and shipment of coal.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and coordinate mining activities.
- Implement and maintain compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Actively support and promote the Behavior Based Safety Program.
- Task train personnel as required.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Position will report to: Manager of Coal Handling and Surface operations
Qualified candidates interested in this position should
send resume, cover letter and voluntary identification form(s) to Viper, Attn: Human Resources, 8100 East Main Street, Williamsville, IL 62693 or by email at Viperresumes@archcoal.com by 1/19/2018.
- Minimum of five years of surface coal mining experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent safety and attendance record.
- State of Illinois Surface Supervisor Certification.
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet