Assistant Maintenance Chief (UG)
Job Location: Beckley Complex
Job Purpose: To ensure that the underground equipment at the Beckley Complex is properly maintained to ensure safe and efficient operation.
Required Education & Experience:
- Plans and directs all maintenance activities on specified shift.
- Assures all servicing of electrical and mechanical operation of all belt drives.
- Prioritizes and schedules repairs and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Reviews daily shift reports, logs, work orders and other reports to remain up-to-date on equipment status.
- Maintains power distribution, including fresh water pump station and surface substation.
- Recommends equipment replacements and innovative ways of fabrication.
- Directs and approves requisition of necessary parts and supplies for maintenance.
- Inspects tools and equipment to ensure safe operations.
- Inspects section operation daily to determine equipment abuse and/or poor maintenance practices and initiates corrective action as required.
- Maintains a strong general housekeeping program.
- Assures compliance with federal and state laws.
- Assures performance standards are maintained.
- Manages the maintenance workforce of a specified shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Position will report to: Shift Maintenance Foreman
Qualified candidates interested in this position should
submit information through https://beckley.aaimtrack.com by 1/7/2018.
- Possess current WV Underground Electrical Certification and Mine Foreman certifications.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive underground maintenance experience required with five (5) years underground maintenance supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent safety and attendance record required.
- Display excellent communication (written and oral) skills
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet