Microsoft Systems Administrator
Job Location: Corporate Office, St. Louis, MO 63141
Job Purpose: This position’s role is to design, install, administer and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment to ensure high levels of availability and security, and ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Required Education & Experience:
- Windows Server Administration. This involves new server configuration of hardware and software—Windows Server, Office 365, VMWare, hardware maintenance—coordinating with third-party vendors, securing replacement parts and installing; software maintenance—functionality updates and security patches; evaluating new third-party tools for potential purchase and making recommendations that improve efficiency, reliability and performance. Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports. Check service desk database for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and provide timely response. Responsible for documentation of Windows server systems for disaster recovery planning.
- Project leadership on various projects throughout the year which encompass other IT team members, other ACI employees and third-party vendors.
- Storage Administration. Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Computer Science, math, engineering, business or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience with Windows Server configuration and installation. This position requires the ability to configure and install server equipment.
- 1 year experience administering Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- 2 years of experience with patch management tool.
- 1 year experience with VMWare environment.
- 1 year experience with PowerShell scripting
- Demonstrated project management skills in leading a technical project.
- Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required.
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Superior analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to crawl, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs; requires manual dexterity.
- Must be available on a 24/7 basis in the event an emergency requires his/her involvement for resolution.
Position will report to: Manager Microsoft Servers
We know our employees determine our success. At Arch Coal, we attract and retain America’s top talent through:
- 2 years of experience with administering Azure and Office 365
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft SCCM
- 1 year of experience with Data Domain and Equallogic appliances
- 1 year of experience with CommVault backup software
- Microsoft certifications
Arch Coal is a relevant, responsible, and growing Fortune 1000 company providing America with an indigenous, secure, and ever-increasingly clean fuel source. Arch has amassed numerous national and international awards for the innovative use of new technologies, including Business Week's Web Smart 50, CIO's Bold 100 and multiple InfoWeek awards.
- Competitive base salary
- Employee Incentive programs
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 6% of base salary
- Free covered parking
Don’t stay in the dark. Learn more about Arch Coal, our culture, and our contributions to securing America’s future by exploring our website.
Qualified candidates interested in this position should
submit information through http://archcoal.aaimtrack.com by 3/9/2018.
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet