Junior Systems Administrator
Job Location: Corporate Office, St. Louis, MO 63141
Job Purpose: This position’s role is to manage the server environment and optimize user account management, patch management, and backup administration. This role will also provide tier 1 Windows server support by resolving issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
Required Education & Experience:
- Manage Windows Active Directory accounts through new user creation, group membership and permissions to server resources adhering to company policy and guidelines. Also process terminations, disabled and inactive accounts.
- Resolve tier 1 server support incidents in a timely and accurate manner, assist with server patching, and research server technologies.
- Manage Windows server patching utilizing Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Assist in managing backup reports and general data safeguarding
- Protection of data utilizing Sophos Anti-Virus and Safeguard Encryption
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience supporting Windows hardware/software in an enterprise environment.
- 1-2 years of experience with Microsoft SCCM software or equivalent patching solution.
- Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required.
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Superior analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to crawl, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs; requires manual dexterity
- Able to work outside of normal work hours to address emergencies and perform scheduled off-hour activities.
Position will report to: Manager, Servers
We know our employees determine our success. At Arch Coal, we attract and retain America’s top talent through:
- Experience with Virtual Infrastructure
- Experience with CommVault backup software
- Experience with Powershell scripting
- Experience with Data Domain appliances
- Experience with Equallogic Storage Systems
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft SCCM
Arch Coal is a relevant, responsible, and growing Fortune 1000 company providing America with an indigenous, secure, and ever-increasingly clean fuel source. Arch has amassed numerous national and international awards for the innovative use of new technologies, including Business Week's Web Smart 50, CIO's Bold 100 and multiple InfoWeek awards.
- Competitive base salary
- Employee Incentive programs
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 6% of base salary
- Free covered parking
Don’t stay in the dark. Learn more about Arch Coal, our culture, and our contributions to securing America’s future by exploring our website.
Qualified candidates interested in this position should
submit information through http://archcoal.aaimtrack.com by 3/9/2018.
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet