Job Location: ACI Viper Complex – Williamsville, IL
Required Education & Experience:
- Insure that all rules and regulations governing employee safety and compliance are disseminated among all employees and are adhered to. Such adherence goes beyond the letter of the law, but encompasses the spirit of the law as well.
- Interact with and accompany government inspectors, both state and federal, during inspections. Inspections may include tools; the condition of equipment and machinery; conditions in and outside the mine; and reviews of records and files.
- Insure that all Viper employees are briefed in a timely manner regarding any issues, violations, and/or recommendations resulting from inspections.
- Conduct in-house safety and compliance inspections.
- Supervise and provide work direction to other members of the safety department.
- Teach, train, and qualify others.
- Actively support and participate in the Viper Mine BBS Program.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Position will report to: Safety Manager
Qualified candidates interested in this position should
send resume, cover letter and voluntary identification form(s) to Viper, Attn: Human Resources, 8100 East Main Street, Williamsville, IL 62693 or by email at Viperresumes@archcoal.com by 3/30/2018.
- Technical training and experience are required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of part 75 and 77 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to work effectively with others at all levels.
- 5 to 10 years of mining experience is required.
- Mine Examiner and Mine Manager certifications are required.
- MSHA electrical card a plus.
Arch Coal, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive full
and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet